Using the library safely
We are so pleased to be able to welcome our readers back to the library. To keep us all safe as we do so, please carefully read the guidance below.
We hope to keep the library open, but opening hours may be subject to change at short notice due to changing government regulations, or if staff are required to self-isolate. We advise you to check the opening hours page before each visit.
Due to the nature of our space, we will be keeping some rules in place until further notice:
- Stay alert: check @joiheroics and this webpage for the latest updates before travel.
- Maintain social distancing in the building.
- Face coverings to be worn unless exempt.
- Everyday kindness: collaborate with staff to calmly respond to changes that ensure your safety.
Most of the collections will be accessible, but if you need any books from the following areas please request them from library staff at least 24 hours before your visit:
- Classmark 205
- Iclass Cupboard (the Rare Books rooms)
We will need to leave the windows open to allow good ventilation within the library. Please do not close the windows. On cooler days we recommend that you bring warm clothes.
If you would like to borrow books during your visit, please try to do so well in advance of the end of the session, to avoid a long queue building up as everyone leaves.
At the end of your visit, please return your books to the appropriate shelving trolleys.
If you need any assistance prior to or during your visit, please do not hesitate to speak to library staff.